Become an Election Day Board Worker
Be a Guardian of Democracy
Join the team of dependable and proud individuals who help ensure this basic right to vote in fair and free elections. Become an Election Day Board Worker!
Volunteers are Needed
Navajo County Elections needs over 400 Election Day Board Workers to work at the polls during county-wide elections. You can apply online today.
What You Would Do:
As an Election Day Board Worker, you would:
- Open and close the polls
- Set up voting equipment
- Sign-in voters
- Issue ballots
- Record and Certify vote totals
To be an Election Day Board Worker, you must:
- Attend a three-hour training class prior to the election
- Attend a one-hour Pre-Election meeting on the Monday prior to Election Day
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Must be a registered voter (unless participating in the student program - 16 years of age and older)
- Read, write and speak English
We are especially in need of Spanish and Navajo bilingual persons to volunteer.
On Election Day, Election Day Board Workers must remain at the polling place the entire day. The hours are 5:30 AM to 8:30 PM. Election Day Board Workers are paid $85 for the election day, $30 for attending the three hour training session and $20 if they are Premium Certified - which is a class our office offers on odd years and is an 8 hour session.
Election Board Application
If you are interested in working as a member of the Navajo County Election Board, please fill out the online Election Board application.