Current Restrictions = Stage 3 - Extreme Fire Danger
Effective May 18, 2018 at 12:01 a.m. Navajo County will be in Stage 3 Fire Restrictions.
STAGE III – EXTREME FIRE DANGER
Stage III is the method that would be employed if conditions are so extreme that the potential of a catastrophic disaster is highly likely.
• Potential loss of life due to explosive fire conditions.
• Potential for extreme or blowup fire behavior.
• Level II restrictions are not effective in reducing the number of human-caused fires.
• Resources across the geographic area are at a critical shortage level.
The following acts are prohibited until further notice:
1. Building maintaining, attending, or using a fire, campfire, charcoal, coal, or wood stove including fires in developed campgrounds or improved sites.
2. Smoking, except within an enclosed vehicle or building.
3. Outdoor Mechanical and Industrial Prohibitions
a. Operating any internal combustion engine in the course of mechanical or industrial operations that would produce open flames or sparks.
b. Welding, or operating acetylene or other torch with open flame.
c. Using an explosive.
4. Operating motorized vehicles off designated roads and trails.
5. Use of any and all fireworks.
6. Use of explosive targets.
7. Use of tracer round ammunition.
1. Persons with a written permit that specifically authorizes the otherwise prohibited act.
2. Emergency repair of public utilities and railroads as per attached conditions.
3. Persons conducting activities in those designated areas where the activity is specifically authorized by written posted notice.
4. Any Federal, State, or local officer, or member of an organized rescue or firefighting force in the performance of an official duty.
5. All land within a city boundary is exempted unless otherwise stated in city ordinance.
6. Other exemptions unique to each city/tribe.