Navajo County Public Health Services
Nutrition Services Program
The Nutrition Services program priorities are educating to shape food consumption
in a positive way and to promote health and prevent disease among SNAP participants
living in the county.
The key messages the project will focus on are: increasing the consumption of fruits
and vegetables, drinking 1% or fat free milk, and maintaining a healthy weight,
increasing the consumption of whole grains, and promoting cost-saving strategies
while encouraging healthy food choices.
School Programs for Head start, Kindergarten through
8th grade and after school programs.
The Nutrition Services program has enhanced the nutrition education strategies by
expanding SNAP-Ed activities to each grade level.
These are the following schools we partner with:
- Cedar Unified District
- Concho Elementary School
- Heber-Overgaard Unified District
- Holbrook Unified District
- Hotevilla Bacavii Community School
- Jefferson Academy of Advanced Learning
- Kayenta Unified District
- Navajo County Head Start Centers
- Pinon Unified District
- Show Low Unified District
- Snowflake Unified District
- Wide Ruins Community School
- Winslow Unified District
Teacher Time Documentation Form
Adult / Community Programs for SNAP participants. These
are single sessions for adults.
These are the following agencies we partner with:
- SNAP Offices (Winslow, Show Low, and Kayenta)
- WIC Programs (Winslow, Holbrook, Heber, Snowflake, Show Low, and Pinetop)
- Winslow Community Counseling Center
- Snowflake 10th Ward
Nutrition activites include food demonstrations, free
recipes, resources, and nutrition education newsletters given to program participants.
Top of Page