Early Voting Ballot Request
- How to request an early ballot when there is an upcoming election?
Contact our office at 928-524-4192 or print an Early Ballot Request Form (PDF), complete it, and mail the form to:
- Michael Sample
Navajo County Recorder
P.O. Box 668
Holbrook, Arizona 86025
A separate request must be made for each person requesting an early ballot. Primary and General Election ballots may be ordered on the same request form. All other elections must be ordered on separate request forms.
- Michael Sample
- How to return your voted early ballot?
Place your voted early ballot in the postage-paid envelope provided to you, seal and sign the envelope, then return to us by doing one of the following:
- Mail to the address on the envelope.
- Deliver in person to the Holbrook office.
- Drop off at any Navajo County polling place on election day.
You must sign the ballot envelope in order for your ballot to be processed. Ballots must be returned by 7 pm on election day.
- Who may request an early ballot?
- You must be registered to vote at least 29 days before the election day.
- You must be 18 years of age on or before the day of the election.
- You must reside within the jurisdiction to qualify to vote for that election.
- When to request an early ballot?
Early ballots may be requested up to 90 days before the election. The last day to request an early ballot is 11 days prior to the election. Requests must be received by the Navajo County Recorder's Office prior to 5 pm on that date.
- When to expect your ballot?
Early ballots are processed and mailed within 48 hours of receipt of your request.
- What to do if you have damaged your early ballot?
Contact our office at 928-524-4192.
- Military Personnel
Complete a Federal Post Card Registration and Absentee (Early Ballot) Request Form (FPCA). This may be obtained from your base Election Officer or from our office.
- Navajo County voters residing overseas
Contact our office by telephone or mail to request an early ballot. If you have not voted an early ballot obtained from our office for the Presidential Election, you may vote a Presidential Only Ballot available at any American Embassy.