Brief History of the District
The Navajo County Accommodation District #99 (NCAD #99) was established in 1999 by the Navajo County Superintendent of Schools. The school was established as an Arizona Public School District to accommodate special needs’ students in the county.
The Navajo County Instruction for Success High School (NCIS) entity is an alternative high school serving grades 9-12 and accommodates students throughout Navajo County who are “at risk” of not completing high school. We refer to our students as “students with promise!” NCIS was started in November 2010.
NCIS Mission Statement
NCIS will continually improve our unique learning environment to provide Navajo County “students-with-promise” the skills to be successful life-long learners.
Enrollment is limited to students who are in need of a non-traditional setting to promote academic success reflecting the following elements:
- Interdisciplinary teaming
- Assessment reflects curriculum
- Staff provides positive role modeling
- Self-paced learning
- Project based learning
- Vocational learning
- Technologically enhanced learning
- We believe the following core values are integral to the success of our organization:
- We believe that student achievement encompasses contributions from families, students, professionals, and community leaders.
- We believe that unique contributions result from embracing the diversity of our local communities.
- We believe that every learner is important and can succeed.
- We believe in building positive relationships through communication, collaboration, and cooperation.
- We believe in being responsive to the needs of our communities.
Mascot, School Colors and School Motto
Colors: Black, White
Motto: “Courage to move forward…Students with promise!”
Navajo County Accommodation District #99
Navajo County Instruction for Success
294 W. Carlos Ave.
Holbrook, AZ 86025
Superintendent of Schools Office
100 E. Code Talkers Drive
P.O. Box 668
Holbrook, AZ 86025
Lannie Gillespie, Administrator
Nicole Arend, Business Manager
Phone: (928) 524-1821
Fax: (928) 524-1748