I am starting a new business, am I required to obtain a health permit?

In accordance with ARS Title 9, Chapter 8 and ARS Title 18, Chapter 13, Navajo County Ordinance PH 01-09 requires the following businesses to obtain a health permit: Food and Beverage establishments, Hotels and Motels, Trailer Coach Parks, Camp Grounds, Public and Semi-Public Swimming Pools/Spas, and Septage Haulers. 

Health Permit Application

Businesses operating under the Arizona Department of Health Services Home Baked and Confectionary Good program are considered exempt from the above requirements.

ADHS Home Baked Goods Website

Show All Answers

1. How can I tell if an establishment is permitted by your office?
2. Are establishments required to post inspection results?
3. Does your department test well water samples?
4. What can I do if I have health concerns related to mold or bed bugs in my rental home or apartment?
5. I am concerned about the conditions I observed at a permitted establishment. What can I do to address my concerns?
6. Where can I find information about building or maintaining a septic system?
7. I am starting a new business, am I required to obtain a health permit?
8. Can I utilize a health permit from a previous owner or another location?
9. How can I learn more about the building requirements for my type of restaurant?
10. How long does it take to obtain a permit for my restaurant?
11. Are pets allowed in food establishments? What is the best way to address my concerns?
12. How do I know that an official inspection is being conducted at my restaurant?
13. Am I required to allow an inspector entry to my restaurant if the owner or manager is not present?
14. Is my restaurant allowed to serve a raw or undercooked food?
15. What is the difference between a food manager certification and a food handler certification?
16. Are there any food handler and manager certifications that are recommended?
17. What if I can't find an answer to my question?